President Duterte has congratulated
Kylie Verzosa for winning the 2016 Miss International crown and said he
would like to meet the beauty queen to congratulate her personally.
Responding to a question about his
thoughts on Verzosa’s victory upon his return from a three-day state
visit to Japan, Duterte said: “Of course, I am happy. I am always happy
if our beautiful women win all the titles. Kasi Filipino tayo eh. It
gives us konting hambog. It lifts the… parang mayabang tayo na, o kita
mo! Magaganda ang mga aming Pilipina (We’re Filipino so it gives us some
bragging rights. It lifts our pride and makes us say ‘See? Our
Filipinas are beautiful!’).”
The President continued, though, with a dig at his critics at the
Commission on Human Rights, saying: “Pero iyong lahat kayo diyan sa
Human Rights Commission (CHR) mga panget (But all of you at the CHR are
ugly).”
Meanwhile, the newly crowned Miss International said she is excited to start her reign, saying she had “big plans” ahead.
“I cannot believe it. I cannot express how I feel right now, but I am
ecstatic. It’s been only a dream,” said Versoza on Instagram. “Thank
you to my family, mentors, designers, my Angels. Your prayers have
worked, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much!”
Verzosa, 24, who graduated from the Ateneo de Manila University, was
crowned at the annual pageant held in Tokyo, Japan last Thursday.
The beauty queen from Baguio City is the sixth Filipino to be crowned Miss International.
The Filipino beauty queen also paid
tribute to her predecessor, Edymar Martinez of Venezuela and offered her
triumph to the Philippines.
“To Edymar, you’ve been such an
inspiration; your beauty is beyond compare, I cannot believe still I am
following your footsteps. I can only wish to do as good as you. I am so
grateful. Domo arigatogozaimasu Japan, I’m so happy. Philippines, this
is for you,” Versoza said.
The post Miss Int’l Crown Proves Filipino Women are Beautiful – Duterte appeared first on Manila Bulletin.
Share It To Your Friends!
Loading...

