Matobato Leaves Senate Hearing, De Lima Walks Out Again


Tempers were high between senators Richard Gordon and Leila De Lima on Monday night during the hearing by the Commission on Human Rights on a kidnapping case filed against self-confessed hitman Edgar Matobato.



Along with Senator Panfilo Lacson, Gordon noted that De Lima had failed to disclose in Previous hearings that she had information about the kidnapping case filed by the common law wife of alleged terrorist Sali Makdum against Matobato.

"It was incontrovertible that she was in possession of a not that she herself made. That was so devastating, it could have been said while Matobato was lying here that there was a case na fi-nile sa kaniya ng NBI na kidnapping for ransom," Gordon declared.

De Lima said that she did not do it on purpose. "Napansin ko nga ho 'yun ngayon. Because I have extensive notes. So, I could not be expected na habang nagtetestify si Mr. Matobato noong 5th and 22nd ay maco-correct ko lahat o maisu-supply ko po yung info based on my notes," she said.

Lacson said, "We did not ask because we did not know, but you knew."

To which De Lima responded: "I only noticed it kani-kanina lang po when I was reviewing my notes."

Senator Antonion Trillanes IV later read a record of a previous testimony of Matobato, which discloses that there was a kidnapping case filed against him.

Trillanes then asked Gordon to apologize to De Lima, which Gordon declined. Gordon maintained that De Lima had tried to conceal the matter.

"It pains me to be accused of material concealment," said De Lima. "I am walking out, I'm sorry."

Both Gordon and Lacson, chairman and vice-chairman, respectively, of the Committee of Justice and Human Rights, lashed out at Matobato for leaving the premises just as the kidnapping issue came into light.

Gordon was handed a note stating that Matobato was no longer available to answer the panel's questions.

"Matobato had to leave so his security won't be compromised..." Gordon read from the note.

"Para bang nu'ng nabuko na, biglang nawala na," Gordon added. "We are not lining up all the inconsistencies perpetrated by Mr. Matobato."

"I would like to believe, although I hate to admit this, that we were all taken of a ride by Mr. Matobato. And it's so frustrating that after all, we're not smarter than the first grader," Lacson added, in reference to Matobato's first grade education.

Trillanes explained that Matobato's departure was his suggestion citing security reasons. 



Source: GMA News
Image: ABS-CBN

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...