I Don’t Take Duterte’s Comments Personally – Obama

United States President Barack Obama said Thursday that he did not take the Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte's controversial statements personally. The US leader also added that their teams should meet and Duterte's comments have no impact on America's broader relationship with the Filipinos.



"I don't take these comments personally because it seems as if this is a phase he used repeatedly, including directed at the Pope and others. I think it seems to be just a habit, a way of speaking for him," said Obama.

The American President further said that it certainly has no impact in terms of power. "We interpret our obligations to continue to build on a long standing alliance that we have with the Philippines."

However, regarding the illegal drug issue, he pointed out that the U.S. wants "to make sure that the partnership we have is consistent with international norms and rule of law."

Source: UPDATE PH

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...