"Take a break." This was President Rodrigo Duterte's advice to his fierce critic Sen. Leila de Lima, whom he said is "breaking down" after she was accused of receiving millions from drug lords at the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa City.
“You know, I’d like to, in all sincerity, as a human being, I think honestly, I’m not trying to derogate her. She’s a lawyer. She’s bright. I think she’s breaking down,” Duterte told reporters yesterday at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2.
Duterte suggests that "she takes days off."
"If she continues yakking there and listening to (allegations), she will have a nervous breakdown," he added.
The interview with Duterte happened hours after De Lima challenged Duterte to arrest her if they have enough evidence to prove her supposed connections with drug lords.
During her press conference, the senator turned emotional over the alleged efforts of the administration.
In a previous interview, De Lima asked Duterte to stop harassing her and even asked the President whether he fancies her because of the attention she is getting from him. When asked yesterday if he really fancies de Lima, Duterte acted as if he was about to fall from the podium.
According to the President, the most serious charge against her is the portals of the national government have been opened by her election as senator because of drug money. "We are now a narco-politcis," he added.
Duterte said 92 percent of barangays or villages in the country are affected by illegal drugs. He also claimed that about 11,000 policemen and 16,000 barangay chairmen are into the illegal drug trade.
“That is why I am not in favor of calling an election now (in the barangays). Drug money will flow down to the basic unit, the barangays and it will strengthen the hold of narco-politics existing in our country,” he said.
Source: Philippine Star
Share It To Your Friends!
Loading...

