Duterte to Assign Corrupt Politicians in Strife-Torn Areas

President Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday warned that corrupt government officials would be reassigned in areas in Mindanao hardest hit by conflict.


Speaking to reporters at the Davao International Airport after his arrival from Indonesia, Duterte reiterated his campaign against corruption in government.

“When I said that corruption will stop, it will stop. Maniwala kayo (Believe me)…To all government (employees), ‘wag ninyo akong hiyain ditto (do not embarrass me),” he said.


The President said he would be “happy” to assign corrupt workers in government in Basilan or Sulu.
“I am planning to put an extension office of the national government, I plan to put it in Basilan or Jolo. Be my guest, I will be happy to assign you there,” he said.

The island province of Basilan and the town of Jolo in Sulu have been marred by strife between the Philippine government and Islamist militants.


End contractualization

Aside from corruption, Duterte reiterated his warning to end contractualization in the country.

“You guys in the business sector. I do not want to quarrel with you. I will protect you. I said there will no more be shakedowns in the Customs and in the BIR,” he said.

Duterte threatens to close down firms defying order vs contractualization

Aside from drugs and criminality, ending contractualization was a campaign promise of Duterte.
The chief executive has repeatedly threatened to shut down companies engaged in contractualization.
“One day, I might just decide to go to you and close your store,” he said.

“Huwag ninyong abusuhin ang tao (Do not abuse the people),” he added.

Source: Inquirer

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...