Floyd Mayweather Jr. said he “guarantees nothing” regarding a possible rematch with Manny Pacquiao.
Mayweather was inevitably asked the question during a press conference in Brooklyn, New York announcing the super middleweight title unification between Badou Jack and James DeGale in January next year, a fight Mayweather promotes.
“I guarantee nothing. Nothing is promised,” said Mayweather about a second meeting with Pacquiao.
Speculations that Mayweather and Pacquiao are headed to a rematch intensified after the former showed up ringside at the latter’s title conquest over Jessie Vargas in Las Vegas last November 6.
The two fought in boxing’s richest fight last year, with Mayweather outpointing Pacquiao in an uneventful bout. But both superstars earned career-high paydays that a second clash makes sense financially wise.
After dominating Vargas, Pacquiao said he is open to a rematch with Mayweather, saying he’s in it if the fans want it.
Mayweather, for his part, insisted he is retired.
“Like I said before, I'm here to help fighters. It's all about making smart investments not only inside the ring, but also outside,” added Mayweather, who quit after routing Andre Berto just months following his win over Pacquiao.
He said he is focused on his new job as a boxing promoter.
“Once again I'm retired. I'm a promoter, I'm here to help young fighters get to the next level," said Mayweather.
The post Mayweather Non-Committal on Pacquiao Rematch appeared first on The Philippine Star.
Share It To Your Friends!
Loading...

