DUTERTE-PUTIN MEET TO HAPPEN DURING APEC SUMMIT

President Rodrigo R. Duterte is expected to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Leaders’ meeting in Peru next week.





According to Duterte, it was him who sought for a bilateral meeting with the Russian leader.

“Matuloy ho. Ako ang nanghingi niyan. Earlier tonight, I had a long talk with the ambassador of Russia. I reiterated my desire to meet Putin, bilateral,” said Duterte.

According to the Chief Executive, he would not bring up specific issues when he meets with Putin, whom he wants to be friends with.

“Wala naman akong hingiin. I want to be friends with him. I just want the two countries to be the best of friends. This is an economic world. If there are things we can sell them or export sa kanila, eh di mas maganda,” said Duterte.

The President earlier welcomed Russian Ambassador to the Philippines Igor Khovaev who paid a courtesy call on him in MalacaƱang.

Duterte had also previously said that Putin was his “favorite hero”. This, aside from his pronouncements that he will seek stronger ties with Russia and China.



The post Duterte-Putin Meet to Happen During APEC Summit appeared first Manila Bulletin.

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...