Duterte Opens Text Hotline vs Corruption

One of President Rodrigo Duterte's ways of getting rid of corruption in the government is to open an anti-corruption text hotline. All received complaints will be aired every morning over government-run network PTV 4.
  

The President, during the National Banana Congress held at the SMX Convention Center at the SM Lanang Premiere, said that the PTV 4's new daily program will be aired every morning and will do nothing but run the complaints texted to the hotline. All messages will be sent directly to MalacaƱang.

According the President, this way, both the government and the people will be able to help each other eradicate corruption.  

“If you do not help me, I cannot erase corruption. I cannot just go to any office and start asking anybody…You have to tell me.

“If you do not help me ferret out the bad guys, don’t complain,” he added.

The President also warned pranksters, saying they would be dealt with accordingly.

“I don’t like anybody fooling me. I don’t like you to fool me because I used to fool around,” he said in jest, recalling how his mother used to punish him by having him kneel on munggo seeds as he faced the altar.

Duterte remains baffled why corruption is prevalent in government transactions despite his stern warning to government officials and employees that they will face his wrath if they will not stop their wrongdoings.

He lamented anew that the country would not progress if corruption and criminality are not properly addressed. 

“What could bring us down is really corruption and criminality,” he said.

The President announced his anti-corruption campaign after he received international condemnation for his bloody war against drugs, which was marked by alleged summary killings and human rights abuses.

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...