Duterte: 'Don't hope I'll change my character'

President Rodrigo Duterte promised change for the country, yet not willing to change his "character." "Do not hope I'll change my character. I am I and you are you," he said on Tuesday, September 27, in a press conference at a shabu laboratory discovered by the police in Arayat.

 
Duterte also apologized for his uncontrollable habit of cursing, saying that it's a natural thing for him. "If we meet in one corner and we understand each other... if not, eh 'di pasensiya, talagang magmumura ako maski sino (I'm sorry, I will really curse at anyone whoever he is)," he said.

The President explained that his cursing because he is angry. He said he could not be expected to be a "proper statesman" when it comes to matters that infuriate him.

He also bravely revealed that he doesn't believe in God.

Duterte, Davao City mayor for over two decades, makes no secrets of his disdain for crime, corruption, and illegal drugs. Eradicating all 3 was among his key promises in the 2016 campaign.

Since Duterte's first full day as Chief Executive on July 1, the government has launched an all-out campaign against illegal drugs.

While it has the support of many Filipinos, the country's "war on drugs" has also earned the ire of human rights groups, non-governmental organizations, and even the UN and the US, particularly over the rising death toll with direct or suspected links to the campaign.

Source: Philippine Daily Inquirer Sun Star

Share It To Your Friends!

Share to Facebook

Loading...